Sherrie Avalon Niles
Sherrie Avalon Niles, Counsel with Hunte & Co. Law Chambers, focuses her practice on corporate and commercial transactions, real estate and conveyancing matters, landlord/tenant issues, and liquidations and maritime law.
Ms. Niles brings her clients the benefits of a broad background in international tax and corporate compliance. While working with Big Four accounting and professional services firm Ernst & Young, she represented clients around the world. A self-described methodical thinker who likes to explore issues thoroughly, Ms. Niles appreciates that she can offer Hunte & Co. clients the advantages of her expansive worldview while providing the level of personal attention they deserve.
Ever the practical problem solver, Ms. Niles reaps great satisfaction in seeing projects through from inception to completion. While she likes to make everything tidy and organized, she is not afraid to roll up her sleeves and dig deep into complex issues. Her greatest fulfillment is realized when her clients express satisfaction with results she helped orchestrate.
Born in Trinidad and Tobago, Ms. Niles received her legal education in both the British Caribbean and the United States. She is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados and the BVI. She makes her home in Boston, Massachusetts and travels regularly to the BVI.
When not volunteering with the family law courts or mentoring first generation college students, you will find Ms. Niles curled up somewhere quietly reading a book.
- Real Estate/Conveyancing
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Banking and Finance
- Cross-Border Transactions
- Liquidations and Maritime
- Corporate Services
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA, LL.M. in American Law
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, MA, LL.M. in Taxation
- High Wooding Law School, St. Augustine, Trinidad, Certificate of Legal Education
- University of the West Indies, Cavehill, Barbados, LL.B.
- University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Massachusetts, USA
- Trinidad and Tobago
- British Virgin Islands
- Mentor, Boston University School of Law